|$200||1.5 days or 11 hours||See Dates & Sign Up Tab|
The goal of the Level 2 Refresher is to update skills and information from previous Level 2 courses. This course focuses on the practical application of Level 2 course material, such as route planning, communication, group management in complex or challenging terrain, and the application of decision-making tools such as the AAI Backcountry Checklist during tour days. The Level 2 Refresher is great preparation for a Level 3 course or for continuing education.
There is one classroom based evening session and a full day in the field. We will travel in the backcountry, in and around avalanche terrain.
This course fulfills the SWAG upgrade requirement.
This refresher will cover:
- Advanced rescue scenarios and transceiver practice
- Advanced metamorphism review
- Avalanche mechanics
- Strengths & limitations of stability tests
- Stability analysis – incorporating strength, structure & energy.
- Documentation as per SWAG requirements
- Route selection, travel techniques & group management in avalanche terrain
- Application of AAI Backcountry Checklist and other decision-making tools
- Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain, Bruce Tremper
- Snow, Weather and Avalanches: Observational Guidelines for Avalanche Programs in the United States (SWAG)
2016/2017 Course Dates
There are no scheduled courses at this time.