CANCELLATION, TRANSFER & REFUND POLICY
AAI must have written notice of a cancellation in our office via email. If this cancellation is received 30 days or more prior to the start date of the course, AAI will offer a full refund of course tuition less a $50 processing fee on any course other than a Professional Level 2 (please see below for Professional Level 2 cancellation policy). If cancellation notice is received within 14 – 30 days prior to the start date of the course, AAI will offer a 50% refund of tuition. If cancellation notice is received within 14 days prior to the start date of the course, tuition is non-refundable.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL 2 CANCELLATION POLICY
AAI must have written notice of a cancellation in our office via email. If this cancellation is received 60 days or more prior to the start date of the course, AAI will offer a full refund of course tuition less a $150 processing fee. If cancellation notice is received within 30 – 60 days prior to the start date of the course, AAI will offer a 50% refund of tuition. If cancellation notice is received within 30 days prior to the start date of the course, tuition is non-refundable.
ALL OTHER COURSES
If you would like to move to a different course, AAI must have notice in our office via email or phone two weeks before the course. We do our best to work with change requests but we cannot guarantee any course changes. If we can fill your spot on the initial course, there will be a change fee of $100. If we are unable to fill your original spot, tuition will be forfeited.
We encourage the purchase of travel insurance (including medical and evacuation insurance) to cover the costs of cancellation fees, airfare, and other non-refundable expenses in the event that one needs to cancel from the course, AAI cancels a course, or one is injured prior to, or on, the course.
If AAI cancels the course for any reason, a full refund of course tuition will be given. AAI is not responsible for any additional costs incurred, such as airline tickets, hotel rooms, equipment, medical expenses, etc.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY:
If AAI cancels your course this winter due to COVID-19 related impacts or restrictions, we will provide a tuition credit or refund.
- If you need to cancel due to direct impacts of COVID-19 up to 1 day prior to the start of the course, you will receive a 75% non-refundable tuition credit.* Direct impacts of COVID-19 may include: you or an immediate family member becoming infected with COVID-19, or you have a high risk exposure to a COVID-19 infected individual,
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms the day the course is starting (the day the course starts is the day of the evening online sessions) and are unable to participate in the program, or you arrive at your program and cannot participate due to a direct impact of COVID-19, you will receive a non-refundable 50% tuition credit.*
- If AAI suspends a course in the field due to COVID-19 developments (e.g., public lands closure, shelter-in-place order, etc), AAI will provide a non-refundable prorated tuition credit.*
- If you need to cancel your enrollment for any other reasons, standard AAI cancellation policies apply.
* Tuition credit valid through December 31, 2022
^ In the event of cancellation due to COVID-19 as described above, you will need to provide AAI with documentation from a medical professional supporting your withdrawal from the course.